1. Consulting leadership of The Center in strategy formulation, planning and long-term plans, 5 years, annual forecasts, hydrological forecasting within the Central, Highland and South of Vietnam and implementation after approval.
2. Implementing hydrological forecast in the Central, Highland and South of Vietnam:
a) Hydrological forecasts for the major rivers in accordance with current regulations.
3. Taking responsibility for the reports on the dangerous meteorological phenomena within the Central and South of Vietnam and forecasting services; Carrying regular and annual reports as well as unexpected changes in hydrographic area within the Central and South of Vietnam Central; participating publications of documentaries on meteorological characteristics.
b) Warning, flood forecasting, flood and meteorological phenomena other dangerous according to current regulations.
c) Warning, forcasting service for water reservoir operation process under current regulations.
4. Participation in research and application of advanced techniques and technologies to build the hydrological forecast, assess impacts of climate change on hydrology and water resources as assigned by the director of The Center.
5. Participation in building standards, technical regulations, procedures, rules, regulations and professional guidance on hydrologic forecasting; participate in the training, guidance, professional training and hydrological forecasts.
6. To carry out consulting contracts, services for meteorological and hydrological agencies, organizations and individuals in accordance with law and assigned by the director of The Center.
7. Participation in international cooperation on hydrological forecasting and related areas as assigned by the director of the Center.
8. Propagation and dissemination of knowledge about the dangerous meteorological phenomena and meteorology to raise public awareness on the prevention and mitigation of damage caused by natural disasters, as assigned by the director of The Center.
9. Management of officials, employees and assets of the division according to current regulations.
10. Performing other duties assigned by the director of The Center.